Stay True to Your Vision for Yourself
Miami Realtor Consultant
As you set goals for the coming year, remember to dream big and don’t let anyone else tell you that you can’t be or do anything you set your mind to. Here are a few reminders:
- In 1962, four nervous young musicians played their first record audition for the executives of the Decca Recording Company. The executives were not impressed. While turning down this group of musicians, one executive said, “We don’t like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out.” As a result, the group was called The Beatles.
- In 1944, Emmeline Snively, director of the Blue Book Modelling Agency, told modelling hopeful Norma Jean Baker, “You’d better learn secretarial work or else get married.” Hence, Norma Jean went on to become Marilyn Monroe.
- In 1954, Jimmy Denny, manager of the Grand Ole Opry, fired a singer after one performance. He told him, “You ain’t goin’ nowhere, son. You ought to go back to drivin’ a truck.” Because of this, that boy went on to become Elvis Presley.
- When Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone in 1876, it did not ring off the hook with calls from potential backers. After making a demonstration call using the new technology, President Rutherford Hayes said, “That’s an amazing invention, but who would ever want to use one of them?”
- He dropped out of school at 15 to support his parents, tried sending his resume to The Carol Burnett Show and was rejected, was booed off the stage of his first public comedy show, and failed to land a coveted part on Saturday Night Live. Jim Carrey is now a movie star and millionaire comedian, and was invited to host Saturday Night Live.
Everywhere we look we can find similar stories behind many of our greatest inventions, stars, and heroes. These stories remind us that when we stay true to our vision for ourselves—even in the face of other people’s lack of vision, anything is possible.
Why Work with Mario Quintero
Mario Quintero, principal of Strock and Tanner Mortgage, gets your deal done. Let me be both your trusted Miami realtor and Miami mortgage broker.
Get in Touch with Mario
I’m Mario Quintero, your mortgage & realtor for life. Let me be your Miami home consultant. Our office specializes in both residential and commercial real estate and financing programs. Let me help you secure a conventional, jumbo, FHA and foreign national mortgage loans. Furthermore, we can help your elderly parents secure a comfortable retirement with a reverse mortgage.
Call me today at 305-598-1600 or contact me here.